Monday, July 1, 2013

Pico de gallo

Pico de gallo.  The hubs loves this stuff. Always asks for extra when we go out for Mexican and would eat it by the truckload if given the chance, much to my chagrin.  So I decided to give it a try and make some homemade.  After searching my usual recipe mecca, Pinterest and not coming up with anything that struck my fancy, I went to my #2 joint for recipes, Foodnetwork.com.  I came across Emeril Lagasse's recipe and it seemed the easiest to replicate.  So here you are:

1 beefsteak tomato, seeded and diced
1 tbsp. red onion diced
1 tbsp. jalapeno pepper, diced
1 tsp. garlic, minced
chopped cilantro, to taste
juice of 1 lime

Toss all ingredients together and voila!  Easy peasy pico de gallo. 

For what it's worth, the hubs prefers far less onion and tons and tons of cilantro, much more than the average bear.

Here are the fruits of my labor:

No comments:

Post a Comment