Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crockpot Mac and Cheese

Drumroll...


Today I'm sharing the recipe of all recipes, crockpot mac and cheese. This recipe came to me by way of my sister, who has my husband's and my eternal gratitude, ha! This is a delicously fattening, amazingly crowd-pleasing side dish or main dish, depending on your preference. It's great for parties or just a lazy Sunday at home.
I served it on Christmas Eve and the crowd went wild.


What we started with:


And now, without further ado, the recipe.

1 box of Rotini pasta
2 cups cheddar jack, shredded
2 cups Monterey jack, shredded
Half of a large block of Velveeta
3 cups milk
Garlic salt
Butter – ½ stick (optional)
Bread crumbs, any flavor (optional but highly recommended)

1.
Boil a pot of water for the pasta.
2. Cook ½ time on box – usually about 7 minutes.
3. Strain pasta.
4. Place pasta and all ingredients in the crock pot, mixing together.
5. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
6. If you put on low, make sure to check periodically, as it sometimes is done sooner.
7. Approximately 30-45 minutes before the macaroni and cheese is done, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
8. When breadcrumbs are crispy, it is ready.

I assure you, this recipe is the bomb. Yes, I am going so far as to use outdated 90's slang because...well because it really is the bomb. Unfortunately like a fool, I forgot to take a photo of the final product. The next time I make it, I will update and bump up this post.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many does this serve? Is it good re-heated?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many people can this serve???

    ReplyDelete
  4. By large block of velveeta are you referring to the 32 oz?

    ReplyDelete