Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Steamed Red Potatoes & Green Beans

So my new found adventurous attitude toward fruits and veggies continues. Tonight I made myself a hypocrite by sort of creating my own recipe. I think I might have effed it up a little though. I'll get to that though.

I love potatoes, pretty much in any form except scalloped or Au gratin. Never cared for either of those. But I digress. Since I'm on the Weight Watcher bandwagon, I've been sticking with red potatoes. So I decided to start there. Then I picked my dreaded green veggie. I chose green beans, as evidenced by the title of the post.

Here's what we started with:


And here's where it went:

1
lb
red potatoes6 ounces fresh green beans
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Wash veggies.
2. Half, then quarter potatoes and snap ends off beans
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to coat, mixing well.
4. Steam potatoes only in electric steamer for 30 minutes.
5. When potatoes have 10 minutes left, add green beans, carefully mixing (so as not to break the potatoes)
6. Pierce a potato with a fork to test for doneness.

So, the way I effed up is a) too much olive oil and b) too much garlic! W
hen I made the recipe I used double the garlic and double the oil. I'm still not 100% sold on green beans, but what can ya do? I have to abide by the Weight Watcher gods.

The finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment