Sunday, January 23, 2011

Inaugural Post

Well, hello Internet. Allow myself to introduce...myself.

My name is Jess and I'm a childless newlywedish...under 2 years so I'd say that still counts. I loathe to write this post as I hate talking about myself, but considering there are hundreds of thousands of blogs out there, I need to give you some reason to stick around. So where was I? Oh right, telling you a bit about myself. I'm desperately holding on to what's left of my twenties, live in the Philadelphia area and fancy myself an amateur cook. Let me stress the word amateur.

I am that obnoxious Facebook friend who posts photos of various food and drink, whether homemade or dining out. I love food...to the point that I am a 5 time member of Weight Watchers, currently counting points as we speak (type?). I was recently laid off back in November '10, like 9% of the rest of the American workforce. Since that time, I've been cooking a lot more.

Here's the thing though, I have the least sophisticated palate of anyone, ever. I am not a fan of vegetables, literally just this week started eating fruit. I don't make up recipes, because I am terrified of screwing up measurements of ingredients and poisoning myself and my friends/family. So that's the reason for the oh-so-clever blog title. I take my recipes wherever I can get them, magazines, the Internet, friends and family, my mom, etc. I think my success rate is a tad higher than that of my failure.

So that's the premise of this blog. I am going to basically give you my reviews and recommendations of any of the new ones I try with full credit to the source of the recipes, natch. I hope you enjoy and follow along in my food-ventures.

PS - I promise never to use the word "food-ventures" ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I heart this intro. And the line about you finally eating fruit nearly killed me!

    ReplyDelete